Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Camps, Camps and more Camps

John Hudson at Young Chef's Academy



JohnHudson at cooking camp
JH all smiles



Hampton at Soccer Camp
Baker, Hampton, John, and Andrew at Soccer Camp
Hampton & John at Soccer Camp Hampton( in brown shirt) headed off to Camp Adam Fisher


The boys have stayed busy this summer going to the beach, the lake, and their favorite CAMPS. Soccer camp, cooking camp, art camp, and even "Big Camp". Big Camp is Camp Adam Fisher which is where Hampton went this year for a whole week. John Hudson went to cooking camp at Young Chefs academy the other week and learned to make all sorts of yummy "fuel" food. He was so excited that he was the only one who got to go to camp there. He loves to cook with me and this just added to his love of cooking. Hampton went to All Saints Soccer Camp with a bunch of his friends from school. It was three hours long in the morning and I worried that he would get really hot .. but he was just fine. Like he said to me" I mean I am going in the first grade mom, and first graders can handle it." I hate to admit that he is growing up and relies on me less and less. He had a great time and really learned the game of soccer over the course of the week.
Sully has been going to All Saints summer camp and having a great time swimming, painting, tumbling and just being with the "Big Boys". How can he be going into 3k this year? He loves carrying in his lunch box and thinks he is just like his brothers.. BIG!
Hampton went with Bryan to Camp Adam Fisher this year for a whole week. Bryan was a counselor there this year and so we decided it would be a great way for Hampton to experience camp while still having a security blanket with him. I was so worried dropping him off, as they have to be responsible for everything themselves. That means taking a shower everyday, brushing their teeth everyday, putting on clean and different clothes everyday. We are talking about boys here. Boys that would be fine wearing the same clothes for three days straight and not taking a shower but once a week. Thank goodness Bryan was right there to remind him to change his clothes, take a shower ect.. It was so hard leaving him there but I thought of all of my camp experiences and knew he would have a great time. It was the first time in almost seven years that he has been away from me for more than three days. Needless to say he did alot better than I did at home without him. He and Bryan came home singing all sorts of camp songs, and just soo excited about the whole experience. He already said he can't wait to go back next year. I went to camp every year from the time I was in the first grade until I was a junior in high school. I was so glad he loved going as much as I did. I was also glad Bryan got to experience the whole camp atmosphere and got to see first hand what I did as a teenager. Camp activites, camp food, camp songs, camp smells... I wouldn't have traded it for anything and am so glad we get to give our children these opportunities as well.
I will post some pics of the boys at their various camps shortly.. queen anna claire is teething and needs her mama ..NOW:)

2 comments:

McQueens said...

some of my favorite memories were made at summer church camp. I'm so glad Hampton got to enjoy the week with his Daddy. I know that was a special time for the both of them!

Kayne and Thomas said...

What a fun camp-filled summer your children have had! AG loves to cook and asked me when she can go to cooking school. I may look into some classes for her too. I am glad JH enjoyed it!!